[English] Kerman A. Sheckler

De persoonlijke verhalen uit de oorlog & Historische Figuren
Plaats reactie
Spencer
Lid

Bericht door Spencer »

Hi, my name is Spencer and Kerman A. Sheckler is my great uncle. I live in Portland, Oregon in the United States and I'm just curious if anyone has any more information on Kerman. I would like to know what he did in WWII. Did anyone serve with him? Thanks in advance.
Opgeheven account 1427

Bericht door Opgeheven account 1427 »

Spencer schreef:Hi, my name is Spencer and Kerman A. Sheckler is my great uncle. I live in Portland, Oregon in the United States and I'm just curious if anyone has any more information on Kerman. I would like to know what he did in WWII. Did anyone serve with him? Thanks in advance.
Heya Spencer,

How did you end up on a Dutch WW2-forum? Anyways, welcome. I'm sure there will be some guys around who can help you find information on your great uncle.

Good luck and have a great time!

P.s. als iemand moeite heeft met engels, PM me, dan help ik je vertalen 8)
Peter M
Lid

Bericht door Peter M »

Is this him? (found somewhere on http://www.archives.gov)

Column Title/ Value/ Meaning
ARMY SERIAL NUMBER: 39341557
NAME: SHECKLER#KERMAN#A#JR####
RESIDENCE: STATE 95 OREGON
RESIDENCE: COUNTY 051 MULTNOMAH
PLACE OF ENLISTMENT: 9580 PORTLAND OREGON V
DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY: 09
DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH: 11
DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR: 43
GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private
GRADE: CODE 8 Private View
BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION NO# No branch assignment
BRANCH: CODE 02 No branch assignment
FIELD USE AS DESIRED: #
TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
LONGEVITY: ###
SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL: 0 Civil Life
NATIVITY: 72 IOWA
YEAR OF BIRTH: 25
RACE AND CITIZENSHIP: 1 White, citizen
EDUCATION: 4 4 years of high school
CIVILIAN OCCUPATION: 992 STUDENT
MARITAL STATUS: 6 Single, without dependents
COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)
CARD NUMBER: #
BOX NUMBER: 1424
FILM REEL NUMBER: 6.190
Spencer
Lid

Bericht door Spencer »

Heya Spencer,

How did you end up on a Dutch WW2-forum? Anyways, welcome. I'm sure there will be some guys around who can help you find information on your great uncle.

Good luck and have a great time!
Haha good question. Well I just searched his name up on Google and luckily came across this site.
Is this him? (found somewhere on http://www.archives.gov)

Column Title/ Value/ Meaning
ARMY SERIAL NUMBER: 39341557
NAME: SHECKLER#KERMAN#A#JR####
RESIDENCE: STATE 95 OREGON
RESIDENCE: COUNTY 051 MULTNOMAH
PLACE OF ENLISTMENT: 9580 PORTLAND OREGON V
DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY: 09
DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH: 11
DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR: 43
GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT# Private
GRADE: CODE 8 Private View
BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION NO# No branch assignment
BRANCH: CODE 02 No branch assignment
FIELD USE AS DESIRED: #
TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
LONGEVITY: ###
SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL: 0 Civil Life
NATIVITY: 72 IOWA
YEAR OF BIRTH: 25
RACE AND CITIZENSHIP: 1 White, citizen
EDUCATION: 4 4 years of high school
CIVILIAN OCCUPATION: 992 STUDENT
MARITAL STATUS: 6 Single, without dependents
COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)
CARD NUMBER: #
BOX NUMBER: 1424
FILM REEL NUMBER: 6.190
Wow! Incredible, I think that is him. Great find.

Well I will just say what my dad has told me about Kerman that he knows of.

He said that Kerman A. Sheckler was a member of the 501st Screaming Eagles in Charlie Company. He paratrooped in D-Day, was shot multiple times in the back, but was healed, just in time to be sent in the Battle of the Bulge.

But what my dad says next is strange and hard to believe. He says that Kerman was found hiding in a barn (or someplace like a barn) when Germans came across him. Neither had any ammo, but he was outmanned. The Germans then took off his clothes, in the middle of winter, and because they didn't want to waste a bullet on him, stabbed him in the leg with their bayonet and left him.

Well he managed to survive, and then became one of the first infantry groups to discover and go into the Eagles Nest. There my dad said he took Himmler's boots and some other items.

The story seems farfetched, but I was just wondering if it could possibly true, and if anyone else knew or had any other stories of Kerman.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far!
Peter M
Lid

Bericht door Peter M »

Spencer schreef: Wow! Incredible, I think that is him. Great find.

Well I will just say what my dad has told me about Kerman that he knows of.

He said that Kerman A. Sheckler was a member of the 501st Screaming Eagles in Charlie Company. He paratrooped in D-Day, was shot multiple times in the back, but was healed, just in time to be sent in the Battle of the Bulge.

But what my dad says next is strange and hard to believe. He says that Kerman was found hiding in a barn (or someplace like a barn) when Germans came across him. Neither had any ammo, but he was outmanned. The Germans then took off his clothes, in the middle of winter, and because they didn't want to waste a bullet on him, stabbed him in the leg with their bayonet and left him.

Well he managed to survive, and then became one of the first infantry groups to discover and go into the Eagles Nest. There my dad said he took Himmler's boots and some other items.

The story seems farfetched, but I was just wondering if it could possibly true, and if anyone else knew or had any other stories of Kerman.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me so far!
You might give it a try at the forum of http://www.101airborneww2.com: http://p198.ezboard.com/ftriggertimeforumfrm1 .
Cas
Lid

Bericht door Cas »

Hey Spencer,
For additional information, may be you can contact the 101 Veterans Ass. or try writing to (if he's still alive) George Koskimaki 101 Veteran and author of books relating tot the actions of 101 Airborn Division, for instance (if i'm not mistaken) D-Day with the Screaming Eagels, Rendez-vouz with Destiny, Hell's Highway and the battered bastards of Bastogne

Maybe the assosiation can help with adresses of veterans who fought in the same company.

Succes !
Adoptant van:
T/5 Raymond Leon Miller 327th Glider Infantry Regiment 101st Airborn Division
Sgt Kurt Franzman 28th Inf. Reg 8th Infantry Division
John S. Williams 120th Inf. Reg 30th Infantry Division
Harrold Rogers 119th Inf. Reg 30th Infantry Division
Bigshot
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bigshot »

Hi Spencer,

I have a lot of addresses of 101st veterans and I have the address (and email) of the 101st Airborne Division Association. If I can help you... you can send me a 'PB'.

Kindest regards,

Egbert
Beste kinderen, jullie moeten later proberen de wereld zo mooi te maken als de gevallenen die voor jullie hadden willen maken! Prinses Wilhelmina (maart 1960)
Bigshot
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bigshot »

Mij aanbod laat hem volgens mij koud... :roll: :mrgreen:
Beste kinderen, jullie moeten later proberen de wereld zo mooi te maken als de gevallenen die voor jullie hadden willen maken! Prinses Wilhelmina (maart 1960)
Jeeper704
Lid

Bericht door Jeeper704 »

Hi Spencer,

I had the honor of getting in contact with Kerman Sheckler.
He was 506th PIR and a very fine person.
In September 1989 I had the honor of meeting him in Bastogne.

I have sent a pb/pm to you.

Regards,
Erwin
Bring in the Hellcats! (M18 TDs)
World War II - European Theater of Operations
http://www.ww2-eto.com
Plaats reactie