liane reif

Algemene vragen over de Tweede Wereldoorlog; ook bedoeld voor ongeregistreerde forumbezoekers.
Plaats reactie
jovink boer

liane reif

Bericht door jovink boer »

hallo allemaal

ik had een vraag kunnen jullie mij vertellen wie en waar liane reif vandaan komt en hoe het met haar af is gelopen

stuur aub wat terug

vriendelijke groeten

roy herald & jesper

klas b2b

staring colege borculo
YPPY
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door YPPY »

Tijdens de oorlog
Date of Birth: November 14, 1934
Place of Birth: Vienna, Austria

Liane's Polish-born Jewish parents were married in Vienna, where they lived in a 14-room apartment in a middle-class neighborhood near the Danube River. Liane's father, a dentist, had his office in their home.

1933-39: After Germany annexed Austria in 1938, my father was found dead, a probable suicide. In May 1939, four months before war broke out, my mother booked passage on the St. Louis, a ship bound for Cuba. But Cuban authorities turned the ship back. Along with some other refugees from the ship, my mother and brother and I disembarked in the French city of Boulogne, and were then sent south to Loudun.

1940-44: The Germans invaded France. We soon boarded a train for Limoges, which had not been taken by the Germans. At first we were housed in a stadium used for circus performances, where we slept on the rows of stone bleachers. We had hardly any food; during the course of a day my meals consisted of a little milk, boiled brown lentils, and day-old bread. Occasionally there were potatoes, or an egg. On my sixth birthday my mother brought me the nicest present I'd ever had--a peach and some dried fruit.

In 1941 the Reifs settled in New York, after relatives helped them arrange passage to the United States via Portugal. Liane later earned a doctorate in chemistry.
Van: http://www.ushmm.org/outreach/id1751.htm

Ze is dus naar Amerika verhuisd. Als je naar http://www.google.nl gaat en dan "liane reif" intikt, zie je wat ze na de oorlog heeft geschreven.
Voor lieve berichtjes, schattige dieren of wat anders leuks kun je altijd mailen.

*Weer alleen*
Plaats reactie