correctheid van film

Algemene vragen over de Tweede Wereldoorlog; ook bedoeld voor ongeregistreerde forumbezoekers.
Plaats reactie
Gast

correctheid van film

Bericht door Gast »

is de film saving private ryan historisch correct
okke
Lid
Gegeven: 3 keer

Bericht door okke »

Nee; want de Duitsers reden tijdens de tweede wereldoorlog niet met Russische T34 tanks met karton aan de zijkant zodat ze leken op Duitse Mark IV tanks.
Zelf Denken Samen Leven - Humanistisch Verbond
BamBam
Lid

Bericht door BamBam »

inderdaad, de film is niet correct, want de tanks waren niet van de Duitsers, ik heb op internet nog een plaatje gezien van hoe zo´n tank echt is en was niet Duits. Omaha Beach klopt wel. En het meeste ook.
Alleen de sterkste overleven in een oorlog. De zwakke gaan dood. Wordt het niet eens tijd om daar iets aan te doen?
LKP
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door LKP »

okke schreef:Nee; want de Duitsers reden tijdens de tweede wereldoorlog niet met Russische T34 tanks met karton aan de zijkant zodat ze leken op Duitse Mark IV tanks.
:mrgreen: _/-\o_

De volgende foto is van deze site: http://www.rzm.com/pvt.ryan/book/atb.html

Afbeelding

En nog meer informatie van deze site: http://www.sproe.com/t-tigertank.htm

The two Tiger tanks featured in Saving Private Ryan are reproductions built on the chassis of Russian T-34 tanks. Operational Tiger I's are extremely rare, and could not have been used for rigorous film production, let alone a movie in which the plot requires one of them to be destroyed. The T-34 was chosen because of its overall size and barrel height. The reproductions were based on measurements taken of a Tiger I at the Tank Museum in Bovington, England, and were constructed by Plus Film Services. The upper hull and turret were sized to proportionally match the chassis of the T-34. Band of Brothers, the HBO mini-series produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, used a similar construction process to recreate Tiger I tanks out of readily available T-34s.

The most obvious visual difference between a real Tiger I and the reproductions are the tracks, which do not feature the Tiger I's overlapping wheel design. Although the front of the tank features the appropriate machine gun and driver's viewport, these two features are a source of great controversy.

The small machine gun of a Tiger I was normally manned by the tank's radio operator, but the gun is fired only briefly during the Battle of Ramelle—blink and you'll miss it (screen capture 1 | screen capture 2). The machine gun on the second Tiger can be seen to move slightly just before it is destroyed. It is possible that both tanks had limited ammo for their machine guns, or that one was out of ammo and the other damaged, or that both tanks had injured radio operators. An operational machine gun on just one of the tanks could have made for some dramatic moments. As it is, the limited machine gun fire in the film is so brief as to be non-existant (and one wonders if it was a post-production CGI effect).

The driver's viewport on a Tiger I featured 6 layers of armored glass, as well as another sheet just behind them. These systems would have prevented Captain Miller from simply sticking his submachine gun up to the port and spraying the inside of the driver's compartment with bullets. Curiously, just a fraction of a second before the second Tiger is destroyed by a P-51, the driver's viewport is shown as having been replaced with a flat, unconvincing piece of material with what looks to be the driver's port painted on! This can only be seen for a few frames (see screenshot number 8) , and is more than likely the result of whatever work was done to rig the tank for an explosion.

Another inaccuracy is the fact that the paratroopers easily open the tank commander's hatch, which would have been locked from the inside in order to prevent the enemy from using such an easy way to kill a tank crew. There is some criticism that the tank commanders are seen with their hatches open, thus exposing themselves to enemy fire, but this is actually a common way in which a tank commander would operate his vehicle, as it afforded him the best view of the battlefield. Obviously a tank commander had to use caution as to when and where he could safely open the hatch.

The ridged surfaces of the Tiger I's in Saving Private Ryan were designed to emulate an application called zimmerit, which was a paste-like material created by the Germans to prevent magnetic mines from sticking to the surface of a tank. This material was applied to certain armored vehicles from late 1943 to late 1944.

Because of the limited number that had been constructed, and the disposition of German forces on June 13, 1944, the date of the Battle of Ramelle, it is highly unlikely that any Tiger I tanks would have been in or around Ramelle at that time. The use of the Tiger I in Saving Private Ryan has much more to do with its reputation and popularity than historical accuracy.

The two Tiger I replicas from Saving Private Ryan were stored at The Tank Museum in Bovington, England for a time, but they have apparently been sold and removed from the museum.

Lijst van alle (al dan niet gebruikte) voor de film beschikbare wagens: (http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ipmsu ... armour.htm)
Quote van de site: It is certainly true that in the history of filmed representations of military vehicles, these are some of the best seen in films.
are listed below;
Allied
Harley-Davidsons (five)
Jeeps (nine)
Dodge Command Cars (five)
Dodge Staff Cars (three)
Dodge Weapons Carrier (five)
GMC 2.5 tons (twenty)
Dodge Ambulances (two)
White Half-Tracks (two)
M4 Shermans (two)
LCMs (two)
LCVPs (ten)
Waco Gliders (six) (non flying)

Axis
Skoda 10.5cm Howitzer
2cm Flak 38
15cm gun in casement (replica)
Kettenkrads (five)
BMW Combinations (twelve)
Opel Blitz Radio Van
Opel Blitz Truck
Horch Staff Car
Mercedes Staff Car
Kubelwagens (five)
Steyr Troop Carrier (two)
Mercedes L3000 Troop Carrier
Mercedes L4500A Heavy Truck
Praga Truck
Hanomag Sd.Ktz.251 (two)
JustMe
Lid

Bericht door JustMe »

maar of hij nou helemaal correct was of niet.
het is de beste oorlogsfilm qua realisme en laat pas echt zien hoe het echt was toen de tijd.
en het is zeker 1 van de beste films die ik ooit gezien heb. :)
Plaats reactie