hulp gevraagd!vertalen U.S brief.

Vaststellen van echtheid en de waarde van geallieerde militaria
Gesloten
mexpyne
Lid

hulp gevraagd!vertalen U.S brief.

Bericht door mexpyne »

Hi Lads!

Sinds kort is deze brief in mijn bezit,en deel van mijn collectie.
Alleen ik heb wat moeiten met het vertalen van het handschrift..... ik kan er kleine stukjes uit halen,maar er geen compleet verhaal van maken.
Ik mis helaas deel 1&2 en ik weet niet of er nog meer delen zijn na 3&4.
Ik hoop dat iemand mij hier mee kan helpen :mrgreen:
Thanks in advance!

(p.s ik weet niet of dit topic in het goede onderwerp staat)
Bijlagen
Scan 1.jpeg
Scan 2.jpeg
If I die, I go to heaven because I've already been through hell
rood
Lid

Re: hulp gevraagd!vertalen U.S brief.

Bericht door rood »

Ik vind dit goed te lezen hoor, ik heb nog wel een paar briefjes waar echt niks van te maken valt.

Eerste pagina:

To see eachother, he just picked her up, like whe was a feather, and then the father came along and they even kissed and shook hands and oh son how mother was wishing it was you, so close instead of so far away. Then we stopped at Santa Barbara + stayed overnight with Jimmy Ruby’s girlfriends folks, think sent you picture with bunch Of us, Carrie is Jimmy’s girl name, she has a sister that I think is very cute infact she has two cute sisters am inclosing a picture of them, the one I like I marked with an X. Nellie called us up last Friday saying she was going to Santa Barbara to spend a few days, with Carrie + her folks. Carmen is the name of the little one I likem Lucy her mother said here Eether i a picture of Carmen you can send to Johnny. Well son dad has a bunch of cards washed + ready to lay out, as will go out + do my job before I get canned, well son here I am just got thru with lunch and layed out … cards, our photo worker went haywire so dad washes the cards he stripped off his shirt and takes a sun bath, is just getting a little tanned now. Son you cannot realize how much you mean to us, even your dad gives you credit for being of some help because every time something goes wrong with the rent houses he says now if johnny was home he would take care of it, and now especially, now that our lavatory is plugged up, remember you got under the house to get at the outlet, so dad said if johhny was home he would of haf that opened long before this.
rood
Lid

Bericht door rood »

Deel 2:

We have not seen Johnny Anderson for quite some time, but have seen his mother + his brother when we go by to the …..house, Well we do not have no trouble collecting our rents now, as everybody is working now, and I guess everybody is glad to have a house to live inm as rentals are very scarse, the only thing is to bad we were caught with the low rents before this rent control came into effect. Oh i forgot to tell you we went to ?Paso Robles? To, sure made me think of you, and of the times we use to come up to see you, well son will close with heeps of love + kisses to you. XXX kisses for you. Mother

PS Be a good boy + take care of yourself and give the girlfriend a hug + kiss from mother. Dad said he will be making the …… prints before long + send them on. I will take care of the things you want sent, I found two pairs of bathing shorts, a dark maroon + navy blue, will send the navy blue one, and there is two pairs of sunglasses, dont know which ones tos end you. The things I am sending is 6 packages of gum, toth brush, bathing shorts and a souvenir comb + case + a loose comb, the case+comb+reperal comb are gifst from Nellie, we took her to long Beach wit hus one day + she …. These combs, and the lady …. Your name on the case, so don’t forget to acknowledge the gift, mother wants the mto see that you appreciate there kind thoughts, and mother thinks it was very nice of Nellie. Also two fountainpens. Let me know if you are getting ink, because if you are not we will try to get the powders and all you have to do is mix it with water, or that is what dad told me. Boy are we having hot weather hot enough, so you could cook an egg on the pavement, has been that way for the past week and still continue to be hot.

Well bye for now son. Another hugs + kiss and a slobber thrown in, Your mother. Regards from all the neighbors
mexpyne
Lid

Bericht door mexpyne »

thanks voor je hulp en de moeite!!
ik betrap me er vaker op,dat ik mijn eigen handschrift soms gewoon niet kan lezen zo slordig :roll:
dit topic mag op slot!!
If I die, I go to heaven because I've already been through hell
Gesloten