Guderian vs. Hitler

De persoonlijke verhalen uit de oorlog & Historische Figuren
Plaats reactie
Zitadelle
Lid
Contacteer:

Guderian vs. Hitler

Bericht door Zitadelle »

Dit stuk heb ik gisternacht gelezen in The Last Battle van Cornelius Ryan.

Het is een nabespreking van de mislukte aanval van Generaal Busse's 9de Leger om het garnizoen van Kustrin te ontzetten. Het is dan intussen al maart/april 1945, Guderian is chef OKH:
There was a moment of silence. Then Guderian began to speak quietly. "I Have already explained to you..." Hitler waving his arm, cut him off. "Explanations! Excuses! That's all you give me!" he shouted. "Well! Then you tell me who let us down at Kustrin - the troops or Busse?" Guderian suddenly boiled. "Nonsense!" he spluttered. "This is nonsense!" He almost spat the words out. Furious, his face reddening, he launched into a tirade. "Busse is not to blame!" he bellowed. "I've told you that! He followed orders! Busse used all the ammunition that was available to him! All that he had! Guderian's anger was monumental. He struggled for words. "To say that the troops are to blame - look at the casualties!". he raged. "Look at the losses! The troops did their duty! Their self-sacrifice proves it!"
Hitler yelled back. "They failed!" he raged. "They failed."
Guderian, his face purpling, roared at the top of his voice: "I must ask you... I must ask you not to level any further accusations at Busse or his troops!"
Both men were beyond reasonable discussion, but they did not stop. Facing each other, Guderian and Hitler engaged in such a furious and terrifying exchange that officers and aides stood frozen in shock. Hitler, lashing out at the General Staff, called them all "spineles," "fools" and "fatheads." He ranted that they had constantly "misled," "misinformed" and "tricked" him. Guderian challenged the Fuhrer on his use of the words "misinformed" and "misled." Had General Gehlen in his intelligence estimate "misinformed" about the strength of the Russians? "No!" roared Guderian. "Gehlen is a fool!" Hitler retorted. What of the surrounded eighteen divisions still in the Baltic states, in Courland? "Who," barked Guderian, "has misled you about them? Exactly when," he demanded of the Fuhrer, "do you intend to evacuate the Courland army?"
Kort daarna werd Guderian ontheven uit zijn functie wegens "gezondheidsredenen"...

Ik wist niet dat Wehrmacht generaals zou konden uithalen naar Hitler... zijn daar andere voorbeelden van of is Guderian een uitzondering?
monmax
Lid

Bericht door monmax »

In hetzelfde boek komt volgens mij ook nog een stukje voor over Gothard Heinrici (bevelhebber Heeresgruppe Weichsel). Er zijn nog wel meer maar deze kan ik zo niet 1,2,3, oplepelen.
Jurryt
Lid

Bericht door Jurryt »

spannend boek, moet ik kopen
Roel R.
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door Roel R. »

Er zijn redelijk veel Generaals geweest die Hitler in het openbaar tegenspraken. Soms zelfs vernederde als hij er niet bij was!
Jurryt
Lid

Bericht door Jurryt »

dat vernedering weet ik wel. Maar hoe het beschreven is in het boek, komt best spannend over
Zitadelle
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door Zitadelle »

Ja... Cornelius Ryan is een briljante schrijver - zijn andere twee boeken (A Bridge Too Far en The Longest Day) zijn ook allebei erg goed beschreven --> echte aanraders!!
http://www.t-kwadraat.nl/

It takes one tree to make a thousand matches, and it takes one match to burn a thousand trees.
Roel R.
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door Roel R. »

Andere voorbeelden:

Let wel. Ik heb hiervoor geen bron.

Alfred Jodl tegen Adolf Hitler : If you wanted to send a messenger, why not ask a mere lieutenant...

Keitel tegen von Rundstedt: What shall we do? What shall we do?.
von Rundstedt tegen Keitel: Make peace you fools. What else can you do?

Günther-Hans von Kluge tegen Adolf Hitler: But my führer, you must be stuck in cloudy cuckooland!

Model tegen Adolf Hitler: Mein Führer, you or I?
Zitadelle
Lid
Contacteer:

Bericht door Zitadelle »

Roel R. schreef:Günther-Hans von Kluge tegen Adolf Hitler: But my führer, you must be stuck in cloudy cuckooland!
Dit is, volgens mij, geschreven in de brief die Von Kluge aan Hitler schreef vlak voordat hij zelfmoord pleegde onderweg naar Berlijn. En de andere uitspraken zijn lang niet zo ernstig als die van Guderian gewoon face 2 face met Hitler. En die uitspraak van Von Rundstedt was tegen Keitel... de slijmerd van de eeuw.
Plaats reactie